When it comes to camping, preparation is a necessity. To help you pack for your big trip, we’ve compiled a camping checklist full of must-have items you won’t want to forget. Bear in mind these items will differ depending on factors like the season or number of people going, so make adjustments accordingly.
When packing clothes, keep comfort and protection in mind. While you may enjoy wearing flip-flops at the beach, you will definitely want a pair of tennis shoes for hikes or long walks.
Essential clothing items include:
- Tennis shoes/hiking boots
- Socks (bring extra)
- Sun hat
- Rain jacket
- Underwear (bring extra)
Instead of just packing a bunch of food and hoping for the best, plan out your meals beforehand. That way, you will know exactly which ingredients and supplies to pack.
Cooking items you will want to bring include:
- Ingredients and food to make all of the meals you planned
- Cooking supplies you will need to make your meals (stove, pots, etc.)
- Portable countertop/storage cabinets (My Camp Kitchen offers portable kitchens to keep your cooking supplies organized)
- Plates, utensils, cups, and napkins
- Marshmallow sticks
- Coolers and ice
- Garbage bags
While you might not get to enjoy the luxuries of everyday life, you still want to bring the basic necessities to make your trip a pleasant one.
Personal items you might want to consider packing include:
- First-aid kit
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal medications
- Activity items (fishing poles, games, etc.)
Are you sleeping in a camper, or do you plan to stay in a tent? Make sure you’re adequately prepared to sleep comfortably no matter what type of shelter you’re planning to camp in.
Items you could bring include:
- Sleeping bag
- Air mattress and air pump
It’s easy to get lost when you’re camping in unfamiliar territory.
Make sure to include these items when you pack:
Leave a Reply