Built to the highest-quality standards, the Summit is our deluxe camp kitchen. You will be amazed by the convenience of having all your cooking gear organized and within easy reach.
Expand your outdoor cooking space with the Summit’s sturdy cabinet, countertop, and stand. Ample storage compartments, racks, and shelves put your essential equipment and ingredients within easy reach. The Summit is not limited to camping! It is also great for patio cooking.
The My Camp Kitchen Summit was our first product release in 2011. It was Prototype Series #10, Revision G—meaning I had built at least seventeen modifications of this design, many of which were field-tested.
The design was based on a large kitchen I used to carry on top of my Jeep Cherokee. I had to assemble it on site and then load the gear and food from tote boxes.
My design goal was personal convenience. I wanted the same functionality and strength of my original camp kitchen but with the convenience of being able to stow cooking gear and some nonperishable food inside. It had to be easy to set up, take down and store in the garage, ready for the next trip. Thus, the Summit was born.
- Made in Colorado, USA.
- The stand firmly supports the countertop and Summit cabinet at just the right height.
- The cabinet’s left door features a paper-towel holder and spice rack.
- The right door opens to a flatware and utensil rack as well as a magnetic knife holder.
- A Bristlecone pine tree image is laser-engraved on the door panels.
- Sports comfortable handles on the ends and a strong leather chest handle on the top.
- Door latches, handles, and hinges are brass-finished.
- There is 9 cubic feet of storage on the lower shelf of the stand.
- Quality craftsmanship.
- Cabinet: 5/8″ and 1/4″ Baltic birch solid-core, CARB-certified plywood. Red oak rabbeted skids on the bottom to attach the counter to the stand.
- Countertop: 5/8″ Baltic birch, also with red oak skids to attach it to the stand.
- Stand: 1/4″ Baltic birch solid-core, CARB-certified plywood with red oak legs and red oak dadoed rails on the top sides to attach the cabinet and countertop.
- Finish: All wood surfaces are finished with a durable two-component conversion varnish.
Baltic Birch plywood is produced from birch trees in the Baltic region of Europe, primarily Russia and Finland. We chose Baltic birch for our products because of its strength and solid core, which enables dado, rabbet, box, and dovetail joinery.
For the Summit, we use Grade B, which is generally light and even in color with no knots or patches permitted.
Although the thickness is commonly expressed in Imperial (English) units, Baltic birch is manufactured to metric dimensions. 1/4″ is actually 6mm and has five plies, and 5/8″ is 15mm with eleven plies.
Size & weight
- Cabinet: 35 lbs. empty; 28-5/8″ wide, 13-3/4″ deep, 18-1/4″ high; 4 cubic feet of storage inside
- Countertop: 12 lbs.; 48″ wide, 18″ deep, 5/8″ thick
- Stand: 21 lbs.; 27-1/2″ wide, 23-1/2″ deep, 36-1/2″ tall when open for service, with 22″ x 24″ lower storage shelf; 27-1/2″ wide, 3″ deep, 36-1/2″ tall when folded for transportation and storage
Each Summit accessory has been thoughtfully designed to further enhance your outdoor experience. We offer waterproof covers, storage, and carrying bags that make enjoying the great outdoors a breeze.
Carrying Bags for Stand & Countertop
Designed for the Summit, these storage and carrying bags are made of heavy-duty reinforced fabric. They hold both the stand and countertop, making carrying easy while also providing protection during transport or storage. They come in forest green.
Waterproof Cover for Cabinet
Designed for the Summit, this waterproof cover is made of heavy-duty reinforced vinyl. It protects the cabinet during inclement weather as well as during storage. Comes in forest green.
Waterproof Cover for Stand & Countertop
This waterproof rain skirt is specifically designed for the Summit. Made of heavy-duty reinforced vinyl, the skirt protects the countertop and stand from inclement weather. When used in conjunction with the cabinet cover, it protects the whole system. Comes in forest green.