The whole family is packed and ready for a week of camping fun. But what are you actually going to do once you arrive at the campground? Be prepared come rain or shine with these fun camping activities in your back pocket.
- Hiking: A long hike is the perfect opportunity to bond with friends or family while enjoying lush natural landscapes.
- Swimming: When the sun is shining and the weather is hot, cool down by spending a few hours swimming in the lake.
- Capture the Flag, Ultimate Frisbee, or Sand Volleyball: Any game that gets you moving will work, but these are popular choices for camping.
- Fishing: Even if you don’t catch a single fish, going fishing is a great way to relish peace and quiet.
- Floating: Tired of swimming? Grab a tube and enjoy the water without the work.
- Lying on the beach: On the beach, you can read a book or just sit and relax. Just don’t forget to wear sunscreen!
- Card games: Cards offer variety, so when you get sick of playing one game, simply switch to another.
- Reading: Use a rainy day as an opportunity to finally start that book you’ve been meaning to read.
- Crafting: Do you like to draw or knit? Bring your supplies with you in case of bad weather.
- Storytelling: While everyone is sitting around the campfire and roasting marshmallows, have people share a scary ghost story.
- Catching fireflies: Are you fast enough to catch a firefly? Wait until the sun goes down and then find out!
- Late-night swim: Night swimming offers a totally different experience from a daytime swim. Take the necessary precautions and always bring a buddy.
Leave a Reply