Omelet in a Bag
A few months ago, I shared a recipe for my delicious Spitfire-Roasted Chicken with Grilled Veggies. Today I want to share with you all one of my favorite morning recipes: an omelet in a bag. When you’re in a hurry to get out and enjoy your favorite camping activities, you need a breakfast that is substantial and nutritious but easy and quick to cook. As long as you cut and prepare the fillings ahead of time, an omelet in a bag only takes 6–10 minutes to make. Plus, it is packed with flavor and protein, making it convenient, healthy, and delicious, too!
Ingredients (per omelet)
- 1 quart-sized ziplock bag
- 2–4 eggs
Your favorite fillings, which might include:
- bell peppers
- salt and pepper
- fresh herbs
For a fun breakfast group activity, have everyone make their own omelet! This will also ensure each omelet is filled with the right amount of ingredients.
- While preparing your omelet, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Using your portable kitchen and cooking supplies, beat the eggs until the yolk is well mixed. Place eggs into the baggie.
- Add your preferred filling ingredients to the bag. When it is full, zip the bag shut and gently massage to blend everything together. You might want to label your bag with a sharpie to prevent using the wrong ingredients.
- Place your mixture into the boiling water and let cook for roughly 6 minutes (more or less depending on the firmness you prefer).
- When done, remove and place in a bowl or on a plate to enjoy!
Leave a Reply